Hands Percussion and our subsidiaries and affiliates (or "we") respect your preferences concerning the collection and use of your personal data. Our goal is to deliver content targeted to the industry you work in, the products you use, the role you play in your organization, and your specific preferences. In order to provide you with relevant information, fulfil your specific requests, and enhance your experience across our Web site, we will at times request personal information from you. The information collected and how it is used will vary across the site. This policy is our way of letting you know how we collect information, what we collect it for, and what choices you may have.
Hands Percussion also provides links to non-Hands Percussion sites we believe may be of interest to you. These sites are provided as a convenience and are beyond our control. You are advised to check the privacy policies of those sites before providing your personal information to them.
- Types of Data Collection
- Data we Collect and how we Use it
- Customization, Preferences, and Opt-Out
- Account Access
- Policy Update
1. Types of Data Collection:
Hands Percussion collects data from users in four main ways.
- Registration screens and online forms
- In the process of online sales inquiries
- In e-mails sent to Hands Percussion from users
- Through automated means such as communications protocols and cookies
Hands Percussion may receive data from you as part of the communication connection itself - the standard electronic greeting between your computer, the network, and our servers. This information often consists of network routing (where you came from), equipment information (browser type), date and time. At this time our server will also query your computer to see if there are "cookies" previously set by dmni.my to facilitate log-in or other site navigation procedures.
Cookies also serve as a convenience to users by creating a more streamlined login process and preserving information between sessions. In the future, as we enable further customizations of the site, cookies will help in assuring that information provided to you will be the most relevant to your needs.
In order to provide maximum site utility, Hands Percussion also uses a tracking technique that uses embedded URLs to allow use of the site without cookies. Embedded URLs manifest themselves as plain text or encoded extensions to the URL that appears in the browser address or location toolbar. This technology allows limited information to follow you as you navigate the site, but is not identified to personal information and is not used beyond the session. While this increases your ability to surf the site, it does not replace the functionality or streamlining of cookies and may limit your use of many convenience features offered by the site.
To learn more about cookies and browser functionality relating to cookies please search for "cookies" in the help function of your browser.
In an effort to provide users with the most relevant Web site content and marketing materials, we may also use embedded pixel technologies to help track site usage and marketing campaign responsiveness. On the Web site, these technologies are used on selected pages for the purposes of identifying unique user visits as opposed to aggregate hits. The site usage information collected by these technologies is associated with cookies and may provide personally identifiable information about site use by registered users of www.hands.my. This information is used to evaluate site content, navigability and composition as well as page response rates. When these technologies are used in e-mails, they provide information on when the e-mail was opened. In e-mails, these technologies are used to evaluate marketing campaign relevance to the user and to update marketing lists.
2. The data we collect and how we use it:
Hands Percussion collects information from users for the following purposes:
- To engage in transactions or communications. Name, address, e-mail and company information may be collected and stored as part of the transaction history. The majority of the information collected under this category is business contact information.
- To provide future service and support. Information collected for this purpose is both contact information and information related to products and service/support requested. This information is also used to provide service, product update, and similar notices.
- As a result of product download. Users who download products under trial licenses and purchasers of products will be contacted to confirm they did not experience problems in the download process and will also be alerted at the end of the license period. These communications are not subject to the general opt-out of marketing notices.
- To select content. Information may be collected to help create Web site content and navigation that is most relevant and user friendly. This includes information collected as a result of site navigation as well as information provided in forms.
- To respond to user inquiries and requests for information. This information includes registrations for newsletters and specific requests for further information.
- To better tailor marketing to user needs. We may use information from purchases and requirements to provide you with timely and pertinent notices of product releases and service developments that address your needs and requirements. Marketing notices are subject to the general opt-out elections.
- To better respond to requests for service or quotes for product. Hands Percussion will pass contact information to the appropriate Hands Percussion sales person, distributor, reseller, or consultant for follow-up related to your request.
- To power joint sales or product promotions. Hands Percussion and its partners may engage in joint events or provide bundled products. Such promotions will always reference the partners involved. Both Hands Percussion and the partner(s) will have access to that information. While we carefully choose our partners, privacy is a very subjective concern and we advise you to review the privacy policies of these partners.
- From referral/"tell a friend" function. If a user elects to use our referral service for informing a friend about our site, we ask them for the friend's name and email address. Hands Percussion will automatically send the friend a one-time email inviting them to visit the site. Hands Percussion stores this information for the sole purpose of sending this one-time email and tracking the success of our referral program.
- As a result of your registration for/attendance at an Hands Percussion conference or event. Those existing customers or registered Hands Percussion.com users, that sign up for such a conference or event, may be contacted prior to the event to see if any meetings, special demonstrations or other customer facilitation may be provided. This contact is in addition to any contact that may be required to confirm payment or provide logistical information and updates related to the conference. Attendees of such events may also be contacted after the event to see if any further information is required or follow up is appropriate. This information will be used only by Hands Percussion or by designated partners and will not be released to other third parties. To help assure respect of your information we maintain central control of the information and require that use of the information by these partners is limited to that which is expressly relevant to your profile. Please consult the supplemental privacy statement on the specific conference site for more detailed information.
- As a result of your participation in interactive discussions and public forums. There are parts of the Web site that permit users to participate in interactive discussions. Some of these are moderated; all are subject to access for technical reasons. Hands Percussion does not control the content that users post and some may serve as public discussion forum. As in all interactive forum open to many users, you should carefully consider whether you wish to submit personally identifiable information.
- As a result of your use of hosted applications/services. Some Hands Percussion customers may enter information on their employees, vendors, or customers using various hosted services including TellAll.Com that we host and for which we provide application and systems management. As a result of this hosted systems relationship, Hands Percussion may process some of this information, but does not control the information collection or use practices related to this information. Hands Percussion merely provides the relevant hosting or application management and support services related to storage of the information. Hands Percussion makes no independent use of the information outside of what is needed to provide the hosting service, applications management, and support or to complete specific actions requested by the customer.
- To address performance and fix issues. On occasion, patches and other fixes to software, such as security patches addressing newly discovered vulnerabilities, are developed by Hands Percussion. We may communicate the availability of these patches or fixes to registered owners of software and parties who have identified themselves to us as users or developers. These communications will not contain marketing messages and will not be subject to general opt-out elections, due to the potential importance of these patches and fixes.
- As a result of legal requirements. Hands Percussion may be required to provide personally identifiable information to comply with legally mandated reporting, disclosure or other legal process requirements.
3.Customization, Preferences and Opt-Out:
Hands Percussion allows visitors to self-select into communities, through the registration process, as a way to provide initial customization to the Hands Percussion Web site. There are also plans to provide more control over preferences and information delivery in the registration process.
Communications Choices. Hands Percussion recognizes that users may not wish to be contacted about new or related products. Hands Percussion.com allows you to opt-out of e-mail marketing that may result from use of the site. These choices may be made as part of the registration process or from links in marketing mailings. If you have any problems in using the opt-out mechanisms, please send an e-mail to email@example.com, indicate opt-out in the subject line and specify what problem you have encountered in the body of the message. There are a few limited exceptions to the opt-out, but notice is provided that the service includes certain communications. These exceptions include: patch and product security update related communications, defined communications related to product download, specific communications that are part of the reason for a specific trading or user community - such as price/product related communications to the members of our partner network or trade opportunity postings on an exchange and some limited communications related to registration for and attendance at conferences.
Third Party Opt-in Lists. On occasion, Hands Percussion may use a third party opt-in list. These are lists maintained by third parties that have received permission (opt-ins) from their users to receive e-mails from other companies, such as Hands Percussion. We do not have access to the names on these lists as the third party that has the direct relationship with customer maintains the list and the opt-outs, removes, and unsubscribes to those lists. We request from the list owners that we use to identify themselves as the mailers of the e-mail and provide appropriate opt-out mechanisms. While we advise users to avail themselves of the opt-out functionality provided in the particular e-mail, should users have trouble opting out, or should they wish to make us aware of any issues related to the mailing, they may contact us directly at any of the addresses provided below.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you believe you have mistakenly received information after opting-out or if you would like to opt-out of receiving information and have any trouble using the mechanisms provided on email@example.com or via an e-mail link.
Hands Percussion has provided you with the ability to create an account or profile of information. We maintain the information and allow you to update it at any time. To change this information, please login as usual and follow the prompts to "update my profile." We continue to work on these methods to increase the scope of information that you may access and update. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org should you require further assistance concerning your information or if you have trouble accessing your profile, please indicate access in the subject line and let us know what the access problem is in the body of the message. You may also obtain assistance by writing to us at Hands Percussion.
While the majority of questions and issues related to access can be handled quickly, a few complex requests may take more research and time. In such cases, access issues will either be addressed within thirty days or you will be contacted as to the nature of the problem and appropriate next steps.
Hands Percussion is concerned with the security of the personally identifiable information we have collected and has in place reasonable measures to prevent unauthorized access to that information. These measures include - policies, procedures, and technical elements relating to data access controls. In addition, Hands Percussion uses standard security protocols and mechanisms to exchange the transmission of sensitive data such as credit card details.
7. Policy Updates
If we are going to use your personally identifiable information in a manner different from that stated at the time of collection we will notify you via email. You will have a choice as to whether or not we use your information in this different manner. In addition, if we make any material changes in our privacy practices that do not affect user information already stored in our database, we will post a prominent notice on this Web site notifying users of the change. In some cases where we post the notice we will also email users, who have opted to receive communications from us, notifying them of the changes in our privacy practices.
We may update this policy from time to time to describe how new site features affect our use of your information and to let you know of new control and preference features that we provide you.
We appreciate your comments on Hands Percussion's privacy practices: email@example.com.